Ever heard someone say, “I’m tired of doing this, but I have tried to stop and it’s impossible”. It’s an addiction. It’s an enemy.
Addiction seem to be a major part of some people’s lives and they can’t seem to overcome it, . One thing one must know is that addiction never comes upon a person suddenly, it’s a gradual step. Keep tab on your self daily, know what bad habit you are getting accustomed to, do something about it fast before it becomes an addiction.
Ways to prevent addiction
1. Never start something you know is wrong in the first place
2.if you have started, don’t hide it, speak about it to someone who can help you before it becomes an addiction.
3. Pray about it. God knows and understands you and your weaknesses and is ready to help you overcome it.
4. Keep the right environment around you. Don’t play with fire because it will burn you.
Ways to tackle addiction
This can be difficult but Jesus said, “with God all things are possible”
1. Recognize you have a problem and admit you need help. Don’t dignify the problem or justify yourself. Don’t pretend about it.
2. Reach out for help by talking to the right people like your spiritual leader or mentor about what you are facing.
3. Destroy everything that links you to your addiction.
4. If your friends are into the stuff you are trying to get over then drop them, or if your friends don’t discourage your bad habit change them.
5. Mind the kind of movie and music you watch and listen to,magazine and novel you read.
6. When you are talking to someone don’t go secretly to continue your addiction
7. Your mindset is very important, change your mindset. Fill your mind with things that edify
8. Pray about it. God’s word transforms men. Chris Delvan is an example of one God’s word delivered just in one night from being a neurotic. Only by God’s power can you overcome an addiction.
Try God, God can do the impossible.