It is very common for you and many others like you to talk about dreams, in fact, many pray for you that your dreams shall come through. While this sounds like a good prayer, I would not say it is beneficial for you.
Joel 2: 28 says “And afterwards, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. (NIV)
So what is Dream?
A dream is a wish or desire for something better or desired future.
What is Vision?
Vision is a set goal with a well-documented course of action set to it. It is the ability to look farther than your eyes can see.
It is not wrong to dream after all if wishes were horses, even the beggar would ride on them. But dreams are for the old men. The opportunity they have to look back and thank God for great decisions taken or regret opportunities lost. Dreams are for the old men to recount what they would have been today if they had Vision as youths.
It is very paramount to have VISION as a youth. It becomes a matter of necessity to carve out a path for your life. A well spelt out vision gives you a direction and how to go about that which you are pursuing. Setting a VISION enables your ability to resist distraction and side attraction. Every man with a PURPOSE has a vision.
What do you do with your Vision?
• Write it down and make it plain. Don’t keep your vision in your head; write it down so that it serves as a constant reminder.
• Write out ways you plan to achieve your vision
• Research and read about it. Read about people who have gone ahead in the field of your endeavour.
• Pray about it constantly
• It is not for everybody to know because there are always people ready to destroy and discourage.
• Connect with like-minded people and people in the field you are pursuing so that you learn from their stories and you can avoid their pitfalls and walk with their lessons learnt.
• Run with your vision and don’t look back.
• NEVER TELL YOURSELF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE
You should know that you can make visions of your dreams. As a young man with plenty time in his hands, never allow your dreams stay as dreams, turn them into visions and run with them.
Do you dream of being the next Dangote? Turn it into a vision
Do you plan on being the president of the country? Turn it into a vision and run with it
Do you dream of being like Michael Jackson or Lecrae? Turn it into a vision and run with it.
KNOW THAT WHATEVER YOU SET YOUR HEART TO DO YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH IT. GOD AND THE DEVIL KNOWS THAT; ONLY YOU IS LEFT TO REALISE THAT