Don’t Stop There
I watched my eight months old son who is learning to walk as took steps and pulling me along as his support and he the guide, I was amused. As he led me enthusiastically and I sheepishly followed, he came to a point where he halted. On that spot was a sachet of milo which caught his attention and then he sat down leaving me to continue the journey if I so wish. At that moment, this thought I am about to share with you dawned on me.
Why Stop There?
How many times have you been distracted by talks, criticism, large cheque, huge pay, good recommendation and you either think you have arrived or you cannot go further?
How many times have you let go because you have tried over and again and have failed?
How many times have you settled there because you received an award in the office?
How many times have you settled there because you have gotten married and can boast of a child?
How have you come to settle because you have been able to land a job and you are content already?
You only settle in a place you think is the best. You only give up when you think it can’t get better. You only accept crumbs when you think its a favour being done to you.
So here is the truth, never stop growing until death snatches you away with its cold hands. Never stop learning until your grey hair falls to the ground. Never accept defeat until it brings out the best in you. Never think you have arrived because that idea only wastes you and destroy your potential. There is more you can achieve if you search within.
Steps to Take to Maintain Balance as You Climb the Ladder
- Be conscious of every step you take
- Take note of the number of quality books you read in a year
- Look at your CV regularly to check what new qualification and skills you have added
- Take assessment of yourself and let your friends, colleges do same for your so you can find out how well you are doing in your relationship with men and how you are growing
- Make sure God remains at the helm of affairs in your life
- Keep a tab on your friends and the qualities they contribute to your life